It is important to note that this story may trigger feelings and other reactions in the viewer, and those reactions will vary from person to person, depending on culture, background and context.
Animation theme and key messages
The Walk of Life focuses on the theme of Adults taking care of themselves and has the following key messages:
- Reverse stress and shame to pride of self, family and culture
- Include men in the nurturing and parenting of children
- Fulfil the male role, even though nobody showed you how to do it
- Reinstate your positive role as a man in family and community
- Permit male adults to look after themselves
The theme and key messages can be used to help guide conversation around the animation as well as approach the issues surrounding Aboriginal social and emotinal wellbeing.