- offers a comprehensive, systematic approach that groups identified protective factors for mental health into four KidsMatter Early Childhood Components
- provides ideas for strengthening the protective factors that early childhood education and care services can influence to reduce the impact of risk factors.
- considers how relationships, the environment, policies, practices, events and children's development and learning influence wellbeing
- involves all members of the early education and care community including children, educators, directors, families and external community services
- links to the National Quality Standard