Warning: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that documents and recordings on this site may contain images,voice recordings or names of people who have since passed away.
There are many ways KidsMatter
Our aim is to make important mental health and wellbeing messages more accessible to everyone.
We are committed to bringing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives and ways of doing to KidsMatter Early Childhood.
Read the eBook that informs and underpins the KidsMatter Ways
Support the ongoing process of embracing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of being, knowing and doing with these resources.
Everyone in Australia in any context can use them
The resources have been developed in a respectful space where culture is acknowledged, considered and celebrated.
- They cannot reflect every place so we encourage you to use the tools to make them ya own.
- Use these resources to consider and find your own ways to focus on mental health and wellbeing in early childhood
- We can help you share your ways with others too.
A word or 2 about self-care
This is a message about taking care of yourself.
Thanks to everyone involved
- 8 Ways has strongly influenced the work of KidsMatter Ways.
- KidsMatter also acknowledges the role that SNAICC has played as our partner in the development of the resources.
- The generous input of community mentors, community members, early childhood staff, families and children across Australia has also shaped and reshaped this work and will continue to grow new understandings.
- In addition, NGROO provided input to what community mentoring initiatives can look like.