There is a wide range of resources available for supporting child mental health. Below are some recommended resources on supporting the mental health of children, particularly when concerns have been raised:
- Getting in early for mental health and wellbeing
- Information on children and hardship
- Resilience is an important component in building mental health in children. KidsMatter has a range of information and resources on resilience.
- Identification of protective and risk factors is essential when working with children who are at-risk.
- Directory for children’s mental health and wellbeing, including a comprehensive list of websites, phone support lines and national services professionals.
- Evidence based information sheets for families including information on supporting children’s mental health, risk and protective factors, self-regulation and many more.
- Video resource on self-harm and primary school children
Hunter Institute of Mental Health