The program is not fixed or scripted but rather is based on a ‘smorgasbord model’, where it is assumed that specific curriculum units or components will be selected and integrated with whatever is already happening within that school or setting. The program is literature-based so it can be incorporated in English lessons/Language Blocks and can be linked to other key learning areas such as Society and the Environment, Health & Physical Education, Maths and Science and Technology. There is a strong focus on circle time, cooperative learning approaches & educational games to build positive relationships, positive emotions and teach social-emotional skills.
Some units can be taught in a dedicated weekly session (e.g., entitled Personal Development, Life Skills or Pastoral Care). The program can be taught as a whole school or whole class program. Components and units can also be selected and taught in a small group structure either within a school or mental health setting.
The online component includes:
- over 170 IWB activities and games;
- extensive resource lists featuring current children’s literature, songs, websites and movies,
- Bounce Back! parenting notes for each curriculum topic
- Elasticity: an additional curriculum unit
- Assessment tools and
- More than 200 blackline masters