The following links are provided in good faith. KidsMatter does not necessarily endorse all views and content within the following sites.
- Kids Helpline is a free, private and confidential, 24 hour counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25. Counselling is offered by phone, email and online. Counsellors respond to issues ranging from relationship breakdowns and bullying, to sexual abuse, homelessness, suicidal thoughts, and drug and alcohol use. Phone: 1800 55 1800
- ReachOut Australia is a website aimed at young people experiencing tough times and mental health difficulties such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, bullying and relationship issues. It has fact sheets, stories, videos, a blog and a forum, and can provide daily SMS tips.
- beyondblue is a national organisation with the key goal of raising community awareness about depression and anxiety, and reducing stigma associated with the illness. beyondblue works in partnership with a number of services and organisations, including schools. KidsMatter Primary was developed in collaboration with beyondblue and is partly funded by them. Their website has a range of downloadable mental health resources and checklists.
- The Australian Psychological Society (APS) is Australia’s largest professional association for psychologists. The APS contributes to community wellbeing by promoting mental health and the benefits of early intervention across the lifespan. KidsMatter Primary is one of their children’s initiatives. Its website includes professional, academic and community resources including tip sheets on psychological issues and information on help seeking options.
- Sane Australia is a national charity conducting programs and campaigns to improve the lives of people living with mental illness, their family and friends. It operates a helpline and website. They also host a youth site on mental illness which has factsheets aimed at young people, a helpline, stories and fun stuff like ecards and wallpaper.